When you are getting a divorce, there are common properties that are impacted as a subject of marital property. These properties include the house, earnings, and others. However, in most cases, properties like cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles are overlooked.
Read the questions below to get an idea of what the scenario could be prior to splitting up.
- Will he be the one to be owner of my own vehicle?
- How will I be the just the owner if it is in our names?
- He gave it to me as he’s wedding gift, Can he take it back?
- Will he get the half value, even though I purchase it on my own?
- When I bought the car before we get married, Is my car marital property?
- Could I get the car even though he bought it before we got married?
- If the car is registered to his name, What would I do?
- If i have an extra key, Can I drive it?
- What if he didn’t pay the car during our separation?
- Should I suffer, when he get the truck?
- Is it right to get me a new car even though we are separated?
Car Split in Pennsylvania divorce laws
She asked: My hubby filed for divorce, I need to know if he can get my car but it is ubder my name and I’m still paying on it. But, can he just get my old car that is under my name and is paid for?
Brettes Answer: If you bought the car before you got divorce or bought it after your wedding day and are considered marital property, they will disburse it in your divorce. But doesn’t he will get them: just that it is considered dividing of property and you can ask to keep the vehicle. If you owned it before separation, it is not considered as marital property.
Choice In Dividing The Car In Your Divorce